Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom and Pam Jeffers
      Participant

Eric and his mom set out on a trip to visit where he grew up. Sunday he stopped by the British Car Festival in the Chicago area, then headed to Cedar Rapids IA. His trip came to an abrupt stop when he had an appendicitis attack early Monday morning. Got to the local hospital, was diagnosed, scheduled for surgery, had surgery, his appendix rupture before/during surgery. So an overnight stay has turn into an extended stay. Bonnie flew in on Tuesday & Tom & I drove down to pick her up and take her to the Hospital. Eric is having his ups & downs with recovery. He is being proactive and can’t wait to get home, but with a drainage tube, and the fear of infection &/or pneumonia they are not sure when that will be.

So here is a link to send him a free e-card to help brighten his days:

http://www.mercycare.org/patients/mercy … tegoryid=1

He is at:
      Mercy Medical Center
      room 4124
      701 10TH STREET SE
      CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA 52403

phone number 319.398.6011

anonymous

Wishing him all the best and a speedy recovery.

F

Sorry to hear this… he was so full of energy last month!

Hopefully he will get the "card". Thanks for the link.
      Mark

Pam, Thank you so much. Please let us know when he is released and on the way home. Robert

Thanks for the phone calls, cards, and help.
      Pam and Tom were so nice to get Bonnie at the airport and get her to the hospital where we got to visit. I have been blessed with good health and never spent a night in a hospital until this happened. I was released today and we will start to head towards home in a day or so. Slow and easy!
      Eric+Bonnie

😀 good news!! Glad to hear it.
      Best wishes for a fast & full recovery.

Mark & Nancy

impbarn

Glad to hear you are on the mend, Eric.

We got home safely last night. What a "vacation"! I slept well for the first time in over two weeks. Now to heal up 100% so I can enjoy our cooler weather here and hopefully attend a few British shows. Thanks again to all. Eric

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.