Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      stu

The 20th British Car Day at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum is almost upon us! This year promises to be bigger and better than ever. Here’s the press release from the museum:

6/24 – British Car Day:

10:00 to 2:00: One week before the Fourth of July the British will reclaim a bit of land here at the Museum. With over 250 cars in attendance, British Car Day has fast become one of the Museum’s biggest and best events. MGs, Jaguars, Austin Healeys and Triumphs fill the field in record numbers. Come enjoy the friendly competition to see which marque has the most representation. For those fans that like limited production cars, there will be such classics as Lotus and Morgan present. For those who feel the need for prestige, we will feature record numbers of Rolls Royces, Aston Martins, and ACs. There are always rare examples of the English Ford, Cortina, Vauxhall, Reliant, Morris and more. The 2007 British Car Day¹s enthusiast is John de Campi. He will showcase three of his Pebble Beach winning Rolls Royce¹s including two Springfield Roll¹s and will offer a lecture on Rolls Royce manufacturing in the U.S. The Sunbeam Tiger Club, British Bull Dogs, the Jaguar Club, the MG and Triumph Clubs and the Austin Healey Club sponsor this show. First and Second Place People’s Choice Awards will be presented in several marque-related classes. For the younger British Enthusiasts, the Museum has organized to have ³Waldo² arrive for a special Where¹s Waldo Hunt. They can also attend a great story time, and help the Museum create a British Car Art Exhibit. Step back in time and experience a day in the life of a one-room schoolhouse, while visiting the interactive

1768 Putterham School Museum on site. Join the Melanoma Foundation of

New England at their tent for a free skin damage screening and children¹s activity. Registration is $15.00 per car.

They say it starts at 10, but we all know there are people arriving at 8 or 9, so get there early for a good parking spot. I’ll be hanging around registration, and taking pictures in my spare time. For directions, check their web site at: http://www.mot.org

I hope to see you there!

Stu Brennan

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Past Events Including Past Uniteds’ is closed to new topics and replies.