Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Happy 4th to all!! Finally have the money pit running and have put several hundred miles on to date. We decided to try to tackle installing the soft top. It’s not going too badly, but I’m wondering if someone with a series II might be able to send me a picture of where the soft top meets the body behind the door windows. I know the flap is to be snapped on the inside, but is there supposed to be a tenex or lift a dot fastener on the body just behind the door as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alpine-64
      Participant

John,

On a series II there are not meant to be snaps on the body. The top secures to the hood bow just near the pivot point above the B post with a tennex fastener. You should see a small hole near the point where the 2 bowes pivot where the stud goes.

As for where the top secures to the body around the rear, there are 3 metal retaining strips that go around the rear wings/valence. The large rear one goes over the top and secures it against the body and rubber seal. Make sure you DO NOT secure the top under the 2 side strips or you wont be able to fold it down. The top is only secured behind the long rear piece.

Thank you Michael. We have a 62 series 2 parts car for some reference and it appears that there’s a snap toward the front of the 2 side strips where the top does not go behind for folding reasons. I will have to check out the bow to see if I can find the hole you reference. So, as far as you know there is no Tenex fastener just behind the door? I am also wondering about the webbing. I know there is supposed to be webbing between the 2 bows but am also seeing 2 small screw holes in the uprights toward the top-one set of holes on each side. Is there to be webbing stretched from these to the two small holes that are in the top of the rail above the windshield??????? That seems strange. Again thanks for your help.

alpine-64
        Participant

John,

My car currently has the hardtop bolted on and is in storage, i will see if i can get some pics of it later this week.. if not i might be able to sketch it all out for you and email it. As for the Tennex fastener, its on the bowes directly above the B post. Does your soft top still have the detachable cantrails for the side windows?

OK located where the tennex attaches to the bows! Our parts car does not have those holes on the bow upright. I think I’ve figured out the rest and again I really appreciate your help!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.