Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Carl and Vonda Moon
      Participant

2009 B.A.S.H. (Bring A Sunbeam Here[size=200])[/size]
      ———— 34th Annual ————-

…………… May 15-16, 2009 ……………

The Carlisle Import Kit/Replicar Nationals 2009 is our destination but it’s the camaraderie of the club that is remembered throughout the year!

We will once again kick off the BASH with a visit to Allenberry Resort & Playhouse on Friday evening May 15th. Enjoy dinner (along with Allenberry’s famous sticky buns!) and the comedy, “Steel Magnolia’s”. We hope you can join in on the fun!

We will have a tent on the Fairgrounds show field Saturday the 16th which will serve as our hospitality site with donuts and coffee for the early risers and lunch served between 11:30 and 1:30.

A tentative excursion to the US Army Heritage & Education Center in Carlisle (website below) is being planned for the afternoon. The Heritage Center’s “Living Heritage Day” features reenactments along with exhibits inside and outside the center.

We will wrap up our day with a scenic tour through countryside with a stop for dinner (meal at your own expense).

Please join us for a great weekend with your fellow Sunbeamers!

More info at these web sites:
      http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/import/
      http://www.allenberry.com
      http://www.carlisle.army.mil/ahec/VEC/events.cfm

Prices:
      •Lunch on Saturday (May 16th) is $8 for adults and under 12 are free.
      •Allenberry show on Friday (May 15th) is $51 per person.

Hotels: (We are not gathering at any specific hotel but here are some suggestions.)
      Hampton Inn
      Residence Inn

Deadline for registration is May 8th so complete the registration form or contact Carl or Vonda Moon at (717) 600-2021 or at crmoon@comcast.net

Here are some pictures of the past two BASH’s at Carlisle!
      2008 BASH
      2008 BASH
      2007 BASH

impbarn

We came in at number 10 for club attendance last year.

Carl, do we have our registered minimum for the free tent yet?
      They increased the minimum to 25 this year.

Registration deadline is next week.

I really wanted to attend, but the beam won’t be ready 🙁 . She won’t be out of the body/paint shop, by then, and I still have a lot to do, after paint, just to take her for a 1st test drive. 😕 I also have to go to a B-day party on the 16th, so won’t be able to just drive up. I’m hoping, to be able to get to the BCD in Lilypons, MD, though, even if it’s just a drive up. Hope y’all have a good time 😀
      Ron

impbarn

I’ll take some pictures for you Ron.

anonymous

And there will be an article in the newsletter with photos as well.

Fred Baum

Sounds good, guys, thanks
      Ron

What happened with or at the BASH?? I didn’t hear a word from anybody. Just curious, Robert

anonymous

There will be an article in the next newsletter with all the gory details of my Tiger and its broken leg.

Fred

Lori and Dave Noyes
      Participant

My son, Nathan, and I had a great time. Thanks to the Moons for a great lunch under the tent. The weather was much better than predicted — just a brief shower toward the end of the afternoon. It was great to see all the cars and friendly people.

Lori Noyes
      65 Tiger

impbarn

Lori, Nathan is an exceptional young man. We had a great time with him as well. I hope his trip to Germany goes well.

Yes, thanks again to Carl and Vonda for handling the details.

I didn’t take many pictures. Shame on me. I forgot the camera and what pictures I did take with my phone were of motorcycles. 😳

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Past Events Including Past Uniteds’ is closed to new topics and replies.