Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Quite News Release….spread the word

Andy Rooney has said he may drive his Tiger to the BASH. He expressed some excitement about attending, noted that the Tiger is in fine tune and he would consider making the journey.

Since this curmudgeon from the greatest generation is a man of his word and he didn’t say no, there is still a chance. Old solders never give up, why else would he still be driving a Tiger. Does this mean we are as stubborn as Rooney?

Rumor has it another famous correspondent may attend driving an Alpine. His name, Our own RR Ed, Jim Anderson.
      TT

The 2005 BASH is hosted by TE/AE’s first elected UNITED president Ron Rogers and catered by first lady Maxine at their mountain top home, near the Steamtown Nat’l Hist Site, Scranton, PA. Enjoy a day of memories, tech talk, parts swap, and admiration of those who drove Beams. Food, drink provided. Special creations always welcome. The BASH starts at 10:00AM and continues til all leave.

Check our website https://www.teae.org/cars/news_events/events.html for more details on lodging, directions, and more.

Info Contact Tiger Tom at “[email protected]” or 717-832-1116, Leave name and phone #.

So who all is going to the BASH? We can’t make it this year-have to save the vacation time up for the upcoming United. Tell Andy I said hello and I hope the weather is dry (and warm) for you lucky ones who get to go! Eric

At the moment 42 people have called to say they’re attending the BASH.
      The usuals of course will be there. Sharkeys, Petri family, McCurdy, Ehrhart’s inlcl daughter Valerie and hubby Eric with Imp., Others include Jaarsma, Dick’s frmo MI, Bernie Haug one of th eTEAE founders, Lawlers, Molney Rittenhouse, Drigg’s who hosted the Buffalo United, RR EeEd Anderson and th enew Ed, Fred Baum of Whizzbang motors, VP King and Wanda, Paul and Sue Amjeld from SD, Geof an Penny Byrd with race Tiger, Suma Manning Sleigenweights, Dan Fitzgerald, Tom Finn and other new people who don’t know any one but want to meet some old timers. Yo all come, ya hear.

Forgot to Add, Mr. Rooney still may attend the BASH. No confirmation so far although overtures from his camp suggest an interst in attending, IF?
      His car is just now beeing finsihed at the body shop. The shop guys promised they’d have the car done in time for Mr. Rooney to make the BASH. They did not want to be the bad guys.

Forgot to Add, Mr. Rooney still may attend the BASH. No confirmation so far although overtures from his camp suggest an interst in attending, IF?
      His car is just now beeing finsihed at the body shop. The shop guys promised they’d have the car done in time for Mr. Rooney to make the BASH. They did not want to be the bad guys.

How was it?

quote Jim E:

How was it?

Hi Jim:

Susan and I greatly enjoyed the BASH. I finally had a chance to meet some folks whose names I’d seen over the years but had never met. The hospitality extended by TEAE members to us was greatly appreciated. As you know, I drove Ol’Blue to the event. Altogether we traveled over 4400 miles round trip. Pretty impressive, but it just reinforces my position that these cars are made to drive. Keep ’em on the road and they will function very well.

We had a chance to visit with Jaarsmas – saw his two Venezias – really nice, Jim! You’d like ’em. We also spent an overnite with Tiger Tom and Joanne. His garage/workshop is near the front of my envious brain!

And – I had a chance to drive Bob Sharkey’s V6 conversion. It is really nice car and very responsive. The conversion is very neat, clean and appears like it is a factory original. I am so impressed.

How was it? Lots of fun – very enjoyable – and, it was nice to have the only 4 cylinder Alpine at the BASH – and, coincidentally, have it win the long distance award.

from sunny South Dakota,

Paul

Hi Paul
      Congrats on your long distance trip in your Alpine.
      Thanks for the report on the BASH-did Andy Rooney show up in his Tiger?
      Robert’s Venezia’s are some really special and rare Sunbeams!
      Eric

Mr. Rooney was nice enough to call Roger’s at the BASH to express his regrets. That means he missed the honor of seeing real dedicated people like the Almjeld’s who just put 4400 +miles on their Alpine. Now that ought to humble a few Tiger owners!

OOOPS, On my previous post, I forgot to add 4400 + “trouble free” miles on……..

Now that is really humbling.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Past Events Including Past Uniteds’ is closed to new topics and replies.