Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      impbarn

The Annual Crab Feast hosted by the Calverts will be on September 11th.

Follow the directions to register at this link….
      https://www.teae.org/crab-feast/

Hi Eric, is this open to locals that have an Alpine/Sunbeam or do you need to be a paid club member?
      Either way, this is a very nice thing to host.
      Ron

impbarn

We’d never turn away a Sunbeam enthusiast !

My wife and I attended before we were members, its a way to get to know club members / Sunbeam neighbors.

Great, hope to meet you there.

Hey that’s my Tiger in the 2nd pic~~~
      The one under the Stuffed Tiger!!!
      Debbie 😀

I need a ride to the Crabfest!! Anyone leaving from Lansdale, Quakertown, Allentown (Nazareth!) areas and has room for ONE~~can help with the driving, too! Please let me know! Debbie Erhardt 😀
      email please, or cell phone # is listed in TE/AE member address book. THANKS!!!
      I HAVE a RIDE! Thanks to all I have talked to so far!!! Please Post here if you are going to the Crabfest ~ so we can all get together. SEE YA’ THERE! 😀

impbarn

PIX of the FEAST

It was wonderful weather. We couldn’t have asked for a better day with our Sunbeam family.

Linda and I went to the crabfeast yesterday. Thanks for posting the invitation, Eric. We’d, also, like to thank our hosts Tom and Kathy Calvert, who held it at their beautiful home on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay, MD. It was like walking onto a ’60’s car lot. Granted I’ve not been in the "Sunbeam" world very long, but I didn’t think there were that many, within easy driving distance. I’ve been to several, local, car shows, this summer, and only saw one other Sunbeam, Jack Swift’s Tiger, who was at the feast. Several came from PA and NJ. Lots of beautiful examples of Tigers and Alpines, w/1 Auston Healey. The weather was perfect for top down driving, the "bay-bugs" were delicious and the company was friendly. We met several people I’ve heard of, on the forums, like Tiger Tom, and saw a beautiful example of one of Jose’s V6 conversions. I even picked up a couple of parts. Phill Jones gave me a NOS exhaust downtube and y-collector, for my, eventual, exhaust replacement (Thanks Phill) and I bought an original exhaust gasket and soft-top hold down straps. The boat ride was a wonderful plus and we thank the captain for a nice ride. Too many names, for this old memory, sorry, I can’t remember all the names of the others we met. Linda and I had a great time, and for her to have a good time w/a bunch of car nuts, says a lot for the company. Thanks all for a wonderful time.
      Anyway, here are some pictures
      Ron

anonymous

Ron-

I for one am glad you could make the Crab Feast even if I could not. I’m also glad you had such a wonderful time.

I would like to use your write-up in the newsletter to show the perspective of a new member and the reception they received from the club veterans. I think you said it very well and I’m sure other members would like to read it.

I’m not sure I can download the photos from this site, but if you could email them to me I would appreciate it.

Fred Baum
      Editor, the Rootes Review
      whizzzbang13@aol.com

anonymous

Ron-

No need to email photos. I figured out how to retrieve them.

Fred

quote CLEVITE:

Ron-

No need to email photos. I figured out how to retrieve them.

Fred

Hey Fred, thanks for the kind words, and you are very welcome to use mine, as well as the photos, in the newsletter.
      Glad you were able to download from photobucket.
      Too bad you weren’t able to make it the the feast, and hopefully we’ll meet at a future function.
      Ron

anonymous

Ron-

Check your message box. I left you a personal meesage.

Fred

quote CLEVITE:

Ron-

Check your message box. I left you a personal meesage.

Fred

Hey Fred,
      Got it and replied
      Ron

Lori and Dave Noyes
      Participant

Looks like everyone had a great time. I hope to get there next year. See
      http://staceyracing.com/CV_Marching_Ban … lson2.html to see what’s keeping us busy these fall weekends. 🙂 Nathan asked me, "Mom, what will you and dad DO after I graduate?" I think the Crab Feast will be one of my answers.

Lori Noyes

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Past Events Including Past Uniteds’ is closed to new topics and replies.