I’ve got most of the engine together. I just need to put the pan on, put the water pump on, and mate it with the gearbox. I had a brief moment of panic when I stripped the nut off one of the head studs. Luckily it was only the nut.
I still need to resolve my clutch travel problem. The inside of the throwout bearing touches the input shaft… that’s what was making that awful noise when I depressed the clutch.
I still haven’t even started thinking about painting the engine compartment. There’s still a ton of work to do.
Bad news though, I don’t think we’re going to make the United at all. I spent all the vacation money on the engine overhaul.