Dan Richardson
Participant

I had a great time (2nd year at Norcross) with my ’67 SV ST Commodore Blue V6 this year….

Thoroughly enjoyed looking at all those Sunbeams. I of course looked at "other" cars BUT, There’s nothing like an Alpine. Except another one 😀

I wanted to drive from home Greenwood, SC like I did last time. But, a brand new brake master cylinder failed (Wildwood) about 12 noon Friday. I scrambled around trying to get a fix. Had to reverted back to the original Stock. Had trouble bleeding the brakes Friday night as late as 10:00PM. Gave up! went to bed and was up about 5 AM. Trailer-ed the V6 to the United. I was disappointed that my brakes were not functioning well. Had to pump like crazy to stop. Used the hand brake and drug my feet.

With all the effort I could muster to get the V6 ready for the UNITED 35 I was not able to make a good showing. First, my new "straight back headers did not arrive in time and I had to modify a set I had fab’d earlier. Developed an exhaust leak at the header flange which made the V6 sound like (awful)…..being bound & determined to attend I kept pressing on.

I wanted very much to show & tell about my Conversion Components for the V6 in an Alpine. I had everything but the headers to show ( The set on the car were adequate for that purpose).

Made a deal to sell a couple sets of my headers and one complete conversion.

One Gent from the Atlanta Area wanted one of my battery boxes. One bought the Hood release rod assy that replaces the "wire" on the SV’s….

Thanks goes to all that made this gathering possible and to the Great Sunbeamers’ that attended.

DanR

Attachments: